Friends, if you are a blogger or want to do blogging, there are some terms you need to know, one of which is the subdomain, which most new bloggers don't know correctly, which they continue to search for on the internet. I wrote this article to solve your problem. Through today's article, I will tell you what a subdomain is, how to create a subdomain and what are the benefits of a subdomain. Let's start this article without wasting any time.
|What is a subdomain and how is it created.|
What is Subdomain
If we understand the subdomain in simple words, it will be associated with the name of the primary domain of our website, we also call it the second-level domain.
If you have ever created your own website on Blogger, you will initially get a subdomain with the name blogspot.com. that is why the name of your blog or website is Example.blogspot.com. here blogspot.com is the main domain name and example.blogspot.com is the subdomain.
All hosting companies provide subdomain name facilities, you can easily create a subdomain from your hosting cPanel. Almost all popular hosting companies offer the possibility of adding an unlimited subdomain in their recommended plans.
Example of Subdomain
If you do not understand, let's understand with an example :
Let's say Your Website is a site Example.com in English. Now she wants to create a new blog where she publishes articles in French. If you don't want to take a domain name for a new blog, then you can create a subdomain French.example.com for Example.com absolutely Free. This is your subdomain.
Similarly, if you want to provide a service, sell a product, publish a post related to a new category, or create a forum site on the website, you can create a subdomain for all of these.
- Main domain name – example.com
- Subdomains – French.example.com, Service.example.com, Forum.example.com, Tech.example.com, etc.
Having correctly understood this example, you should have understood what a subdomain is. You should work on the subdomain in the same way as on the website with your main domain because the website that you are going to create in the subdomain is a completely new website.
Advantage of Subdomain
You get many benefits from creating a subdomain, which is as follows :
- If a website built on your main domain is already a brand, then the website you create on the subdomain will also gain user trust.
- You can create your new website/blog from a subdomain without taking a new domain. And you can blog on any topic.
- The website you are creating on the subdomain has no connection to the website built on your main domain. They are completely separate.
- If you already have AdSense approval in your main domain, you don't have to get AdSense approval in your subdomain. You can also perform the display of ads in a subdomain without the consent of AdSense.
A disadvantage of Subdomain
Along with the advantages of subdomains, there are also some disadvantages, which are as follows :
- Since a website built on a subdomain is a separate website, you should work on it like your main website.
- There is no corridor value from the main domain to the subdomain, you will have to create a backlink to the subdomain and send the link juice.
- If your website is one place, then the subdomain will not be useful to you.
These were some of the advantages and disadvantages of the subdomain, let's now find out that subdomain.
How to Create Subdomain
You can easily create a subdomain from the hosting company's cPanel. You don't have to pay any additional fees to create a subdomain.
When you buy hosting, be sure to check at once how many subdomains you get, because it is not possible to determine how many subdomains you may need in the future. If you are having any trouble creating a subdomain, follow all the steps listed below.
Step 1 – first of all, log in to the hosting's cPanel.
Step 2 – after that you have to click on the folder that contains the subdomain in the domains.
Step 3 – Now a new window will open in front of you in which you will have to fill in the following information :
- The name of the subdomain you want to create.
- The name of the main domain on which you want to create a subdomain.
- Fill this out and click the Create button.
Step 4 – Now your subdomain name will be ready and you can create a new website on the subdomain.
FAQ : For Subdomain
Q – Can I create a new website on a subdomain?
Yes, we can create a new website on a completely separate subdomain. Even on a website built on a subdomain, we have to work as a website built on our main domain.
Q – is WWW a subdomain?
Yes, www is a subdomain used for the World Wide Web. WWW is a very common subdomain. Many bloggers consider it the wrong domain.
Q – How many subdomains can be created with one domain name?
There is no limit to this, you will also see in the plan of the hosting company that they offer an unlimited subdomain. But it has a limit, you can add up to 500 subdomains in one of your domains.
Q – Can I create a new website from a subdomain on Blogger too?
Of course, you can also link the subdomain on your blogger and create a new website.
What I learned : What is a subdomain and how is it created
Through this article, I told you what a subdomain is, what are the benefits of a subdomain and how you can create a subdomain. You should have gotten all this information after reading this article. If you also want to create a new, separate website without taking a domain name, you can also use subdomains.
I hope you liked this article I wrote, share this article on social media too and also access the right information for other people.
Thanks for reading the article to the end.