How to make an Image SEO-friendly
Image SEO – when it comes to SEO on the on-page SEO of the article, we all do SEO for your article very closely. But when it comes to Image SEO, more people won't pay attention to it. But besides writing an SEO-friendly essay, you should also pay attention to SEO optimization on images.
Image SEO is also part off-Page SEO, through which you can get your blog image ranked in the search engine and get organic traffic.
Through today's article, I will tell you how to do Image SEO, and what are the benefits of doing Image SEO So let's start this article without wasting time and figure out how to make the image SEO-friendly.
What is Image SEO
Whatever process is performed to make the image used in the content of a blog or website search engine friendly, is called Image SEO. Many internet users like to watch photos on the internet. By doing the Image SEO, the blog images are arranged at the top in the image section of the search engine so that users can come to the blog through the image and increase blog traffic.
how to do Image SEO
To make any image SEO-friendly, you should use the following seven methods :
- Renaming the image.
- Choose the right image size.
- Compress image size.
- Choose the right image format.
- Alt text – Use alternative text in images.
- Write the title and description in the photo.
- Use of a copyright-free image.
Let's now understand in detail these seven ways and figure out how to do Image SEO.
1. Renaming the image
Whenever you download any image for your blog content, the name of that image is like this - "14725r22.jpg or 147258369.jpeg" and so on. This name is not SEO-friendly at all, so change this image name and write it according to the keyword you are focusing on.
For example, if you are writing an article about image SEO, you can write the name of the main image used in this article as Image-SEO. Keep in mind when you change the name of your photo, use a dash (-) sign between the two words.
- Bad SEO Friendly Image Name – 14725r22.jpg.
- Good SEO-Friendly Image Name – Image-SEO.
2. Choose the right image size
Choosing the right image size is very important from the point of view of SEO optimization. Most new bloggers make a mistake here, whenever you download a photo, its length and weight are unlimited. That's why you have to adjust the image size.
You can use the image size 650X350 to get an excellent SEO-friendly image, and this image size fits every CMS. Whether your website is based on Blogger or WordPress, you can use this image size on both platforms.
I use Pixellab to create images for my blog, if you wish, you can also use it. Using Pixellab, you can create a good image for your blog in a concise time.
3. Compress image size
The third and most important step comes in reducing the image size. If the size of the image on your blog is more significant, your website will take more time to load fully, and the ranking of your website will decrease.
That's why you always compress the image size. Due to this, the speed of your website will not decrease. If your blog is on WordPress, you can reduce the size of all your blog images in one click using plugins such as SMUS, Imagify, etc.
If your blog is based on Blogger, you can reduce the image size using tools such as Compress Jpeg, Optimizilla, or Tinypng. These tools reduce the image size without reducing the image quality.
4. Choose the right image format
You should always use the JPG or JPEG image format for the blog, the size of these image formats is less and the quality is also correct. In turn, the size of the PNG image format is larger, which is not SEO-friendly. The use of PNG images spoils the loading speed of the site.
5. Alt text – Use alternative text in images
Alt text is the most important in Image SEO. This is important from the point of view of both the search engine and the user. Let's find out how
When search engine crawlers crawl a web page, they cannot easily recognize the image, in such a situation, they read the alt text of the image, and then understand what this image is about. And having understood the image, they Index the image.
If we talk from the user's point of view, then when the internet speed is low, the image cannot be loaded into the browser and instead of the image, the alt text is displayed to the user. So the user can easily recognize what this image is.
By now you must have understood how vital the alt text is for the image. But even then many people do not understand its importance, and they write anything alt text that is not correct at all.
It would help if you took care of some of the following things while writing an alternative text.
- The alt text describes your image well.
- Use your primary focus in the alt text.
- Never use words such as image, or photo in an alternative text. Since Search Engine Bots understand that this is an image, we just have to tell them what the image is about.
- The alt text of the image should not increase in length.
- Keyword stuffing should not be done while writing an alternative text.
- Do not use the same alt text in all blog images. Use a different alternative text according to the image.
Let's learn how to write alt text with an example, let's say you are writing a biography (the name of a person), then below we said the right and wrong alt text, you should always use a good alt text format.
- Good Alt Text – "Biography (name of a person)"
- Bad Alt Text – " Image of (name of a person)", " Read complete biography of (name of a person)"
6. Write the title and description in the photo
The way you use the title and description in the blog post, similarly the title and description should be written in the image. You should write the title and description of the image so that it describes both the image and the blog post. Also, use keywords in the title and description.
7. Use of a copyright-free image
You should always use copyright-free images in the blog. You can either create the Images yourself, or there are many similar websites on the internet where you can download copyright-free Images. Here are some websites for downloading copyright-free images :
The benefits of doing Image SEO
There are many benefits to SEO-friendly images such as :
- Increase website speed – an image without SEO (SEO Friendly) significantly reduces the speed of the website. Still, by doing image SEO, you compress the image size so that the website takes less time to load.
- Increase website traffic – most people also like to see the image, if you have done Search Engine Optimization Image SEO correctly, the idea of your blog will take first place in the image section of the search engine, so that the user can get to your website by clicking on the image.
- A backlink can be created – if anyone is going to use the image of your website on their website, they will give the name and link of your website in the photo credit, from which you will also receive a backlink.
Conclusion: Image SEO
Through this article, we have shared with you information about 7 ways to do Image SEO and some of its benefits. With the help of the tips I told you to make the image SEO-friendly, you can create a good SEO-friendly idea and get good website traffic.
That's all in this article, I hope you liked this Image SEO article, if you have any questions related to this article or blogging, you can ask them in the comments box.
Thanks for reading the article to the end.