What is a WordPress plugin and how to install the plugin
What is a WordPress plugin: if you are a blogger or web designer, you must have heard the name WordPress. WordPress is an open-source CMS with which you can create an attractive website in just a few minutes.
The plugin plays the most important role in giving an attractive appearance to any website in WordPress. These WordPress plugins solve many of your problems. The plugin plays a very important role in the popularity of WordPress. That's why I thought why not give you information about WordPress Plugin today?
In today's article, you will learn about what a WordPress Plugin is, what a plugin works for, and how to install a plugin in WordPress. Dear friends, let's start this article today.
|What is a WordPress plugin and how to install the plugin.|
What is WordPress Plugin
WordPress Plugin is a special program for adding new features to a WordPress blog or website without any encryption. These programs are written in the PHP language. These plugins have various functions that provide an attractive appearance to the website. On the WordPress website, you get various plugins to solve all kinds of problems.
As if you want to rank the website in the search engine, you will get an SEO plugin for this. Similarly, there are various plugins for security, backup, increasing website speed, and reducing the image size in WordPress for all tasks.
There are more than 56,000 plugins in the WordPress plugin directory. Which you can use according to the requirements of your website. Some plugins are free and some you have to pay. But most of the plugins for Blogger are available for free.
In general, the software used to design a WordPress website by the requirements is called a plugin.
Uses of WordPress Plugin
As I told you, WordPress has more than 56 thousand plugins that are used for various tasks. If you want to add anything new to your WordPress site, then you get various plugins. With the SEO plugin, you can make your website search engine easy to use.
- You can make your website secure with the security Plugin.
- You can use the Backup Plugin to make a backup copy of the site.
- To increase the speed of the website, Cache Plugin is located in the WordPress plugin directory.
- You can use the social plugin to share your content on social media.
Similarly, all kinds of plugins are available on the WordPress website, and you can use the plugin according to your need.
After reading the article so far, you should have understood what WordPress Plugin is. Now find out how to install the plugin in WordPress.
How to install plugins in WordPress
You can install the plugin in WordPress in three ways:
- Install the plugin from the WordPress control panel
- Download the plugin and upload it to WordPress
- Install the plugin from the c-panel.
1. Install the plugin from the WordPress control panel
- To install the plugin from the WordPress dashboard, you have to click on the plugin option on the left side.
- After that click Add New.
- Now find and install the plugin you want to install.
- Finally, by clicking on the button with Active Plugin, activate this plugin on your website.
2. Download the plugin and upload it to WordPress
You will not find a paid plugin in WordPress. That's why you have to buy and download the Paid Plugin, after that it should be added to the WordPress website.
- First, download the plugin.
- After that, you have to click on Add plugin.
- Now click on the option with the plugin download at the top.
- After that, the plugin that you downloaded in zip format should be downloaded from here.
- Activate the plugin by downloading it.
3. Install the plugin from the c-panel.
If you have c-panel hosting, you can install the plugin in WordPress from the C-panel as well.
- For this, you have to open the c-panel.
- Click on the option with File & Folder.
- Now go to Wp-content in the section with public_html and go to the folder with the wp-plugin there.
- Now upload a zip file from the plugin and extract it.
- This way your plugin will be installed.
If you do not have much knowledge about WordPress, then do not use this method at all to install the plugin.
Advantages of the WordPress plugin
- WordPress plugins make things easier for the Website Owner.
- With the help of the plugin, you can solve your biggest problem in just a few minutes.
- Plugins save you time.
- You can use different plugins for each type of specific task.
What I learned: what is a WordPress plugin
In this article, I have given you complete information about what is WordPress Plugin, the plugin works in WordPress, and the benefits and installation of the WordPress plugin. And I sincerely hope that after reading this article, you must have understood the WordPress plugin.
If you would like to make any suggestions in this article or have any questions, you can find out by writing in the comments box, and at the end, I would like to ask you to share this article with your friends on social media.
Thanks for reading the article to the end.